Waukesha Lacrosse Club, Inc.
2024 Volunteer Opportunities - YOUTH
To view open opportunities go to the Volunteer HERE page. For credit tracking purposes, please choose the Dibs Session that corresponds to your player's team.
To see the full list of items available to your player's team go to the DIBS page. You must sign in to view complete list of open items or to "claim" an item. Please note you must log in with the same username and password you used to register your player.
Please note there MAY be opportunities from other teams listed in your team's Dibs Session, as there may be opportunities from other team's open spots. There are some opportunities that are team specific and NOT open for volunteers from other teams. Please try and volunteer for your child's team first, then if nothing is available you can volunteer for other team’s volunteer opportunities.
Contact Information for the Opportunities below:
Boys: Kerri Jay, Youth Boys Director
Girls: Kandice Banville, Youth Girls Director
Volunteer program for Waukesha Lacrosse Club, Inc
General details of the program:
- Every family will be obligated to fulfill season volunteer opportunities, details are found below.
- Families with more than one player will be required to satisfy the volunteer obligations of their oldest and their youngest player.
- Anyone can volunteer on behalf of a player - it does not have to be their parent or guardian. However, it must be clear from when the volunteer checks in to the event who they are volunteering on behalf of. There will be sign in sheets at all events where volunteers are working.
- There is no maximum limit. This means if you have fulfilled your obligations but are approached to help, it is because we need help at that moment and we respectfully ask that you consider stepping up even though you “don’t need to volunteer anymore”.
- If you know ahead of time that you will not be able to fulfill your obligations and know that your volunteer check will be cashed, please let your team manager know at the beginning of the season. (You will still receive emails regarding opportunities, it is too difficult to maintain different email distribution lists.)
- You are expected to find your own substitute if you cannot make an event you signed up for. Your substitute must let us know when they sign in that they are volunteering on your player’s behalf. Please communicate to your team manager if you cannot make it and who is coming in your place. If you “no show” for your event, someone else will take the position and receive credit for their player and you will loose the credit.
- The team manager will have a sign in sheet for each game. If you don’t sign in, you won’t get credit for being there.
- If you have any family circumstance that is going to prohibit you or any part of your family to volunteer, please notify your level director as soon as it becomes known.
The number of games you will be obligated to work will depend on the number of games being played and the roster size, therefore this number will be set after rosters and games are set. There will additional obligations for any tournaments during the season.
We are required by the youth leagues to provide game day staff. Estimated numbers are projected as follows and are not binding (these numbers do NOT reflect additional opportunities for tournaments):
Youth Boys – 5 Volunteer Opportunities
Youth Girls – 6 Volunteer Opportunities
Youth Volunteer Opportunities (not all positions will be available each year, depending upon registration numbers, positions may be combined)
- Ball Retriever (home games)
- Culture Keeper (home and away games)
- Field Clock (home games)
- Field Setup/Clean Up (home games, first and last of the day)
- Film (home and away games)
- Scoresheet & Scoreboard (home and away games)
- Spotter (home and away games)
- Stats (home and away games)
You will receive credit for ALL volunteer opportunities (regardless of the number of players you have) if you hold one the following positions:
- Board of Directors (see Our Board page on WLC website)
- Head or Assistant Coach (see For Coaches page on WLC website)
- Team Manager
- Team Photographer – It is expected that the team photographer take pictures at every game, sharing them on perspective team sites and end of year banquet slide show.
- Youth Boys
- U8 Co-Ed – N/A
- U10 – N/A
- U12 – N/A
- U14 – N/A
- Youth Girls
- U10 - N/A
- U12 - N/A
- U14 - N/A
- WLC representative on MAYLA - (Milwaukee Area Youth Lacrosse Association) Board of Directors
- Youth Equipment/Uniform Coordinator - Responsible for the inventory of your team’s equipment and uniforms, hand out at the beginning of the season and turn in at the end of the season as well as cleaning of uniforms.
You will receive credit for TWO volunteer opportunities if you hold one of the following positions:
- Holiday Parade Coordinator - Responsible for coordinating with the City of Waukesha to sign up club for parade. Communicating to teams that want to participate and taking the lead on what the club will be doing during the parade. – OPEN
- July 4th Parade Coordinator - Responsible for coordinating with the City of Waukesha to sign up club for parade. Communicating to teams that want to participate and taking the lead on what the club will be doing during the parade. – OPEN
You will receive credit for ONE volunteer opportunity (unless specified differently) toward your total required for the following opportunities (these will be posted on the DIBS page where required):
- Open House Volunteer
- Youth Parent/Player Meeting Volunteer
- WLC Committee Member- these are ad hoc committees formed as necessary. Emails will be sent looking for volunteers when appropriate.
- Youth End of Season Party Coordinator (one per team)
- Youth Night at High School Home Game (one per team)
- Youth Picture Day Coordinator (one per team)